Thursday 12 January 2012

Mr Postman

Today I got home from work with two parcels awaiting my arrival. Once again the sales had done their job and had enticed me in much to my mum's disapproval. This time it was Topshop and Dorothy Perkins who had received my hard earned cash in return for some lovely purchases.

First:
Topshop, Presley Glitter Heel Platforms, originally £100 now £50.

Don't you agree that they are just beautiful? Now at half price I just couldn't resist treating myself to them. I had noticed these bad boys when they had first come into Topshop but with Christmas presents and driving lessons to fork out for I just couldn't justify spending that much on a pair of shoes. It wasn't until I was sat innocently watching The Vampire Diaries on my laptop when the rolling adverts at the side of the screen informed me of this massive price drop (damn you to the inventor of these, they always catch me). I couldn't decide between this colour or the black ones with an iridescent heel which were beautiful also. I finally chose the blue ones after checking my wardrobe and seeing the vast amounts of the colour black and realised a colour change would be a good option. I also thought that the heel on the black ones may show damage easier and could possibly look slightly tacky outside of the festive period. When I got them on my feet, it felt like a Cinderella glass slipper moment, they were perfect. The chunky 70s style 5" heel and platform give you good height but also means they are still comfy enough to dance around in all night without having to worry about burning feet and hobbling (I hope). The Mary Jane style strap means you can wear them with cute socks, I'm thinking about cutting a pair of sparkly silver tights I have in to socks to wear with them. They would obviously also look great without when it gets a bit warmer so I will definitely need to give myself a pedicure for when the seasons change. I'd say the only downside to these shoes is that they're suede. If you're anything like me then the only opportunity you get to wear heels like this is on a night out and unfortunately suede, liquid and clumsy drunk people do not mix well. I have sprayed them with protector and I am going to be on my best behaviour when I wear them to keep them as brand new looking as long as possible.

Second:
Dorothy Perkins, Stone Star Burst Shirt, orginally £40 now £10


I had also noticed this shirt over Christmas time, I rarely look in Dorothy Perkins but I was having a browse for something for my mum when this shirt caught my eye. I once again couldn't afford it at full price and I did toy with the idea of buying it for my mum which would mean I would have been able to borrow it whenever but thought that wasn't really in the spirit of Christmas. I was shocked when I had seen that it had gone in the sale as I was convinced that it would be a big seller but obviously not. Since I have got my Disco Pants I've been searching for new shirts to add to my quite large collection already, so this will be perfect to wear with them. You can't tell on the photo but it's quite sheer, I'm hoping it'll be ok with just a bra underneath. It's also bang on trend for this next season as buttoned up shirts giving an androgynous edge yet kept feminine and simple in soft fabrics in pale baby shades were all over the catwalk, they featured in shows by; Givenchy, Ralph Lauren and Erdem. I haven't tried it on yet but will do soon at the moment it's hidden in my wardrobe before my mum can start asking questions about what it was that arrived. I'm hoping this shirt, my shoes from above and my Disco Pants will be getting an outting together very soon.

I have just been for lunch with my friends so I will do an outfit post of what I wore either later tonight or tomorrow but I've got to go and walk the dog!

Hope the sales have been good to you all too.
Love
Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment