Saturday 28 January 2012

Body Art

Since posting about Fearne Cotton I have been searching various tumblrs like a mad woman trying to discover some new inspiration for a tattoo. I already have six dotted randomly on my body but would really want to add to my collection. Tattooing is defintely an addiction for me, it all started at 18 with the obligatory three stars by my hip and now has become something I regularly spend money on. If I had my way I would be covered in them as I think they're a beautiful way of expressing yourself. Unfortunately, I know not all jobs allow visible tattoos and my bank balance will not budget a full body suit.

I've been thinking along time about getting a rose (not sure on the location yet) as I love the detail that can go in to them and I'm also a fan of more traditional tattoos, like the swallow I already have on the top of my thigh. My left forearm is feeling a bit bare and I want to balance out the key I have on my right arm. I really like the flying birds, as I see them as a sign of freedom and there's something about birds that I really adore, so I'm tempted to get them swooping from my elbow to my wrist. However, my mum would kill me. When she saw my last tattoo; Oasis (one of my favourite ever bands) lyrics wrapped around my left side across my hip she tried to make me promise not to get any more. Good job I didn't promise. Not all of my tattoos have meanings, some are memories, reminding me of a certain time in my life, for example the feather I have on my back which was a 21st birthday present from my best friends at uni. All I need to do is save some money and find a design that I love.

I've saved some pictures in a tattoo inspiration folder I have on my computer so thought I'd share them with you.















I would love a sleeve but I just don't know if I could pull it off or if I'd have the balls to get such a statement piece.





Boys with tattoos are seriously hot too...swoon.

Whilst on the topics of tattoos it got me thinking of the controversy of Jean Paul Gaultier's Amy Winehouse inspired collection he's shown at Paris Fashion Week.


The models were head to toe Winehouse; towering beehives, lashings of eyeliner and all dressed in couture versions of the late singers outfits, from polo shirts, knee length pencil skirts and even a wedding dress designed with his muse in mind.

Her dad has since hit out claiming that the show is in 'bad taste' as family and friends are still grieving Amy's death. I do see where Mitch Winehouse is coming from as it must be extremely difficult to see lookalikes of his daughter tottering down the run way, cigarette in hand whilst looking disheveled, leaving people with the memory of her later troubled life not with her incredible talent.

I do believe however, that Jean Paul Gaultier hasn't done it in a vicious way. He has since stood by his collection saying how Amy was a 'style icon'. I do agree with him and whilst she was at her best I loved her signature 1950s inspired look and there are parts of the collection I can imagine Amy wearing whilst belting out some of her classics on stage.

Unfortunately, I do think he maybe could have waited a bit longer before creating a collection like this. Instead of using models glamourising her addictions they could have represented her when she was well and healthy.

Love
Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment