Tuesday 10 January 2012

Christmas Outfit Post

I know Christmas was over two weeks ago but I thought I would write a post on the outfits I wore over the festive period as me and my friends had quite a few nights out, which gave me plenty of opportunity to get dressed up.

23rd December


I wore:
  • sparkly Topshop skater dress (very festive).
  • Dorothy Perkins necklace, a bargain at £2 in the sale.
  • Henry Holland limited edition suspender tights, I snagged this night on all my rings, I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to jewellery.
  • Topshop copies of the Jeffrey Campbell Lita boots (I NEED some in my life desperately).
  • Miss Selfridge long chain handle bag covered in studs also a sale bargain at £15.
This was my favourite night out from over Christmas as all my lovely friends had just come home from university so it was a good chance to have a proper catch up and to get in the festive spirit. I'm obsessed with glitter and Christmas is really the only acceptable to time to get away with covering yourself in it, so I used my stack of Barry M glitter on practically everyone (some of my friends were less than impressed when they woke up the next morning complaining that they looked like 'sparkly death'). However, super sparkly eyes teamed with the Topshop skater dress really got me in the festive party mood.

26th December


I wore:
  • Black Topshop t-shirt
  • American Apparel Disco Pants (best Christmas present EVER)
  • Sacha patchwork platform shoes (I will do a blog post about my shoe fetish at a later date)
  • Lots of jewellery from all over the place.
I have been wanting Disco Pants for years but the £70 price tag has always put me off but this year I decided that I couldn't resist any longer and asked my mum to get me a pair for Christmas. I am so glad I did. On the hanger they may look ridiculously tight, uncomfy and unflattering but that couldn't be more wrong. They are extremely tight but in a bizarre free kind of way, they are seriously stretchy so if I was flexible enough I could have easily been doing high kicks and splits, unfortunately I'm not. They are also pretty thick, more like trousers to leggings which you'd expect for how much you pay for a pair, so because of this they have lots of support which means they suck you in and smooth you out, in other words they are quite similar to a spanx you could wear out of the house. Always a bonus around Christmas time if you have had one too many mince pies or chocolate oranges. I really recommend to anyone to invest in a pair, a definite wardrobe staple from now on and they also make you feel like Sandy from Grease after the naughty make over. Never a bad thing.

New Years


I wore:
  • Black long sleeved top with diamantes down the arms (something I found tucked away in my mum's wardrobe). It's a bit tacky but it's Christmas, the perfect time to put on anything shiny you can find.
  • Disco Pants
  • Denim gilet which was once a jacket
  • Black Dr Martens
  • Dorothy Perkins necklace

I also wore a pheasant feather in my hair as I've wanted to buy the featherray extensions for ages but haven't got round to ordering them as I feel like I need a special event to wear them for. My friend's mum said she had some feathers in her car that she had found that I could have after I'd been telling her about my desire for them. Apologies for my drunken dancing in the photo and just check out the feather.


Hope you all had a lovely New Years,  my friend held a party in her new house she's bought with her boyfriend (very grown up) and as it's in the middle of being renovated it was perfect for us to use as there was nothing in there that would get ruined by spilt alcohol or food. She filled it with fairy lights and made it look pretty and it was perfect for us to jump and dance around in. Anyone have any resolutions? I always do the usual get fit, be healthy, detox but this year I also want to find a 'proper' job, something linked with fashion hopefully, ideally in journalism or PR.

6th January


I wore:
  • Black cut out skater dress from Asos
  • Miss Selfridge bag
  • Topshop boots
  • Henry Holland skeleton tights which you can't see in the photo but were a bargain at £3
  • Primark skinny belt

This night out was for my friends 22nd birthday and the last one of Christmas with everyone. I always forget about this dress but love it everytime I find it in my wardrobe. I think a nice LBD is a must for everyone to own as it's always something you can rely on to look good when you can't find anything else to wear. I always team with patterned tights in the winter or with cute socks and peep toe shoes in the summer to make it a bit more exciting and different. An LBD is always good for adding lots of accessories with, so lots of jewellery, a belt or bright coloured shoes can get the opportunity to shine.

I have lots of ideas about what to blog about in the up and coming weeks so hopefully it's worth reading.

Anyway got to dash, I have a driving lesson, blaaaah!
Love
Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment