Saturday 14 January 2012

Girl Power

It was the Brit Award nomination announcement last night with the ladies dominating.

Both Jessie J and Adele receiving three a piece, no surprise there as they both had extremely successful years. Especially Adele, 2011 should surely be renamed after her as she took the World by storm. 

Each got chosen for the Best Song and Best Female category but differed with Adele's 21 (I have played this album to death) being in the Best Album section and Jessie J in the Breakthrough Act. If Adele was able to qualify for that category she'd surely be in it too.

However, it was Ed Sheeran who got the most nods with a total of four nominations for: Best Song, Best Album, Breakthrough and Best Male. I'm a massive fan of Ed after falling in love with his Nando's Skank, beautiful voice and incredible talent when it comes to song writing. Plus he's also a fellow ginge, I'd happily settle down and have a lovely Weasley family with him.

Two of my favourite acts also got nominations; Arctic Monkeys in the Best Group category and Florence + The Machine in the Best Album and Female.

I've loved the Arctic Monkeys since they first started, they're Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not album is one of my all time top albums. It's witty but too true lyrics instantly sucked me in. That tied with Alex's infectious Yorkshire drawl and the stripped down punk rock vibe had me sold.

Florence is one of my serious girl crushes, not only has she got an amazing voice and song writing talent but she has insane style. She was even the muse for Frida Giannini's, Gucci's A/W 11 collection and performed on stage at the Chanel S/S 11 show for design God Karl Lagerfeld. You all must have seen her in the Chanel sheer black striped maxi dress (photo below) at the launch of her being the new face of the 'Mademoiselle' bag, my dream dress, she looked absolutely stunning.

She always oozes old school glamour but with a boho twist, I'd love to go and raid her wardrobe. I'm definitely basing my S/S 12 style on her; sheer maxi dresses, silk shirts, hats and lots of lace and leg on show.

                                                    (www.voguevibes.com)


I'm also really pleased with Maverick Sabre getting second in the Critic's Choice award, he's got such an interesting and beautiful voice. Definitely one to watch for this year, I hope he does big things.

Hope you're all happy with the nominations, I can't wait for the show to see who the big winners are and to see who wows in the fashion stakes.

Love
Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment