Tuesday 24 January 2012

Food Coma

On Sunday three of my friends and I got dressed up and went to the Bluebell pub in a village near where we live for a posh roast. It was amazing. We all battled through the three courses and ended up being very full and content. That however, didn't stop us from stopping off at Wilkinsons on the way home for a bag of pick and mix for tea. Surely strawbs, apple cables and sour cherries count towards your five a day...or maybe not. I always think Sunday's are a day of excess and an excuse to eat way too much and thats what we definitely did.

I wore my tea dress and oxblood Topshop Chelsea boots.






For starter me and two of my friends had a haddock fishcake in a creamy and mild curry sauce, topped with crispy leeks. My other friend had tomato and basil soup which was decorated with a swirl of basil sauce, it looked delicious.



For main we all chose roasts, either opting for beef or pork. Normally you expect portion sizes in nicer restaurants to be small but this wasn't the case here. We were served a few slices of meat, two fluffy homemade Yorkshire puddings and then dishes filled with smooth mash potato, crispy roast potatoes, caulifower cheese, carrot and swede mash and a meaty thick gravy.


I unfortunately couldn't manage that massive plate as I decided that saving room for dessert was a much better option. I have a serious sweet tooth so often the pudding menu is more important than the other two. We all chose different which was excellent as we got try each others. There was a rich sticky toffee pudding smothered in butterscotch sauce, a tangy and smooth caramelised lemon tart with buttery pastry, a decadent and indulgent chocolate cheesecake and a hot, comforting apple and blackcurrant crumble with a sweet chewy topping, all served with icecream. Don't they look incredible?


In between the meal and pick and mix we stopped off for a walk in the woods with my friends dog Buddie. We thought some fresh air and movement would get us in the mood for sweets and wine. We all felt like we were walking through Narnia in the woods because of the tall dense trees and eery silence. Unfortunately neither of us caught a glimpse of Mr Tumnus or Aslan.


Hope you all had as lovely a weekend as I did and indulged just as much.

Here's a quick outfit post from an open mic night me and my friends went to last week.


I wore:
  • Dogtooth shirt from Thailand
  •  H&M sparkly jumper
  • Dorothy Perkins necklace
  • Levi shorts
  • Primark skinny waist belt
  • Topshop Chelsea boots
  • Armani silver watch
  • MAC red lipstick.
I wish I could sing and play the guitar as I'd love to be musical, unfortunately I can do neither. Having a musical talent makes people so much more attractive, look at Alex Turner bagging Alexa Chung. I'd definitely love to marry a boy in a band.

Love
Jade x

1 comment: