Monday 6 February 2012

Take Me To My Beach

I helped my friend pack via Skype for her holiday to India she's going on tomorrow. Not going to lie, it was pretty tricky. The Indian culture is obviously so different from here and as my friend is Hindi wilst she's out there she has to cover up as much as possible. Doing this whilst still looking fashionable and trying to avoid overheating isn't easy. Her holiday wardrobe is consisting of various shirts, leggings, longer dresses and maxi skirts unfortunately strappy tops, levis and bikinis will have to wait until she's in touristy areas. We realised that jewellery and other accessories were going to be the way forward in keeping her looking cool and individual.

All the travelling talk got me incredibly jealous as I'd love to be somewhere hot and interesting as India. I started reminiscing about the month six of my friends and I spent backpacking around Thailand over last summer. I'd give anything to be back there.

I miss...

Being surrounded by insanely beautiful beaches; all with pearly, white sand and turquoise, iridescent sea.

                                                
           Phi Phi - Long Beach

Getting to eat breakfast in paradise with my best friend.



Paying practically nothing for accommodation with a view like this.

                 
                    Koh Tao - Sairee Beach

Spending the night on Maya Bay, where The Beach was filmed. The thought that Leo once probably stood where I did gets me all hot under the collar.        




Spending nights at crazy beach bars drinking ridiculously strong cocktails from buckets and having the best time.


            Koh Samui


                                          Koh Tao



                   Koh Phangan - Full Moon Party

The hustle and bustle of the streets, especially in Bangkok and Chang Mai. All filled with curious travellers; laden with cheap t-shirts, tie dye bags and copious amounts of hand made jewellery. Locals shouting and chatting; selling various rip offs, trips to tiger temples and hot, freshly made authentic cuisine. Which filled the thick, dense air with a pungent smell of chilli, herbs, oil and cooking meat.


Bangkok - Khao San Road, the smell of that street will stay with me forever.


                     Floating market - Bangkok

Thailand had the best markets, if you ever go I seriously recommend the weekend market in Bangkok. Two of my friends and I bought loads of clothes there for dirt cheap. Imagine vintage stalls where everything is £2, beautiful handmade leather bags, mounds of silver jewellery and clothing that you could imagine seeing in the highstreet back in England but selling for a fraction of the price.


Trying fried crickets which were surprisingly tasty.

Finally experiencing all this with my friends.


Elephant trekking - Chang Mai


       Travelling by overnight train - my favourite way to travel.


I absolutely loved the excitement of arriving at a new place and not knowing where to stay or where to go. It definitely brought out the adventurer in me and has well and truly infected me with the travelling bug. 

My only regret was not getting a Thailand inspired tattoo at this cool hut on Sairee Beach.


Take me back!
Love
Jade x

1 comment: