Thursday 15 March 2012

Daddy's Girl

So I have been very absent from the blogging world due to a visit from my lovely pappa who lives in Germany, a trip over the water to Ireland to celebrate one of my best university friend's 22nd birthday. I've also started a new job and squished in another cheeky trip to Leeds with my beautiful friend Jess to see The Maccabees and visit our friend whose just moved there. As you can see I have been super hectic!

I thought I'd focus this post on the few days I spent with my dad, which always revolves around our bellies! So the time was spent eating amazing food, I definitely finished the weekend with a serious food baby.


We ate at incredible, cute village pubs - The Anvil in Sawdon and The Pipe and Glass Inn in Dalton which actually won the Michelin Pub of the Year award (very fancy). Where we devoured wholesome plates of country gub - venison, steak and fresh vegetables, creamy fish pie and sickly desserts (sticky toffee pudding pictured above). We spent a day in York picking at tapas at Ambiente - bowls of crispy calamari, chorizo and potato, lamb meatballs and dates wrapped in proscuitto as well as other Spanish specialities. Then followed that by visiting one of my favourite places in the world, Patisserie Valerie, there's always too much choice and it took me forever to finally decide on a strawberry tart. It was delicious! In between gorging ourselves I did get to do a spot of shopping and my lovely dad treated me to some Vans, yayyy! I have been dying for a pair for aaaages and I haven't taken them off my feet since, they're so comfy.


I can't wait to wear these in the summer with pretty, girly dresses and levis and vests!

My new job is a twilight shift for yell writing websites for businesses so it gives me plenty of time during the day to get my act together and start blogging again.

Hope you are all ok.
Thanks for reading!
Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment